Re: RFC: Adding \p{foo=/re/}

From:
Deven T. Corzine
Date:
February 5, 2019 23:56
Re: RFC: Adding \p{foo=/re/}
Message ID:
CAFVdu0Truz_9zMu1ZFKeu8s2dEp_1bJNseKaxNvr-gdB2zPPKw@mail.gmail.com
On Tue, Feb 5, 2019 at 6:48 PM Deven T. Corzine <deven@ties.org> wrote:

> I believe that the implied semantics in that Unicode Technical Report are
> clear -- the regular expressions should NOT be anchored unless explicit
> anchors are used.

Actually, I hadn't looked closely at the third example in the table, but
it's completely unambiguous.  The expression "\p{name=/VARIA(TION|NT)/}" is
described as:

Characters with names containing "VARIATION" or "VARIANT"

This is obviously showing an unanchored search, given that the matched set
includes matches such as these:

MONGOLIAN FREE VARIATION SELECTOR THREE
> RIGHT ANGLE VARIANT WITH SQUARE
> CUNEIFORM SIGN KU4 VARIANT FORM