develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from January 2019

Re: [Encode] 3.00 released!

From:
Dan Book
Date:
January 31, 2019 17:25
Re: [Encode] 3.00 released!
Message ID:
CABMkAVVhT5jMxE+MO+1FUSfF--svi6_XfdZdu3RHK7M7bA4-8Q@mail.gmail.com
On Thu, Jan 31, 2019 at 1:08 AM Dan Kogai <dankogai@dan.co.jp> wrote:

> Porters,
>
> Just VERSION++’ed Encode to 3.00.  It is actually 2.100 but that version
> number made PAUSE indexer unhappy so it is now 3.00.

My blog post may be worth a read through:
http://blogs.perl.org/users/grinnz/2018/04/a-guide-to-versions-in-perl.html

Since you are using decimal versions, it's important to remember they are a
single floating point and not a series of integers like versions everywhere
else. This unfortunately restricts you to 100 releases per major version in
the current scheme. But also beware changing schemes mid major version.
Decimal versions are still best for modules that need to support old Perls.

-Dan