develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from January 2019

Perlhist incorrect?

From:
Ryan Voots
Date:
January 19, 2019 23:11
Subject:
Perlhist incorrect?
Message ID:
CA+sVJXniVYOAX+1pYE6kx=1GBWvS3oyQ02M5o-_wW36a4WieBA@mail.gmail.com
Doing a bit of perl history digging I discovered that perlhist may be
incorrect.  It reports that user subs were introduced in the middle of the
perl 3 series, but they appear to exist in perl 2 already

I've got a live example here (you can fork and edit it and interact with
perl2 easily there, or just start a new pastebin directly in perl2)
https://perl.bot/p/jhjmb5

My only suspicion is that User-subs means something else when it's
mentioned in perlhist, but it's not obvious what that is.  If I'm not nuts,
I'll make a patch to update perlhist with the correct version.

Ryan Voots