develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from January 2019

[perl #133755] Document readpipe relation to qx// operator

From:
Dan Book
Date:
January 8, 2019 06:07
Subject:
[perl #133755] Document readpipe relation to qx// operator
Message ID:
rt-4.0.24-7233-1546927661-631.133755-75-0@perl.org
# New Ticket Created by  Dan Book
# Please include the string:  [perl #133755]

The documentation for readpipe indicates that it is the internal function
implementing qx//, but there is no backreference in the documentation for
the qx// operator or the use of backticks for I/O. I suggest adding a
sentence like the following at the end of the first paragraph of both of
these sections: https://perldoc.pl/perlop#qx/STRING/ and
https://perldoc.pl/perlop#I%2FO-Operators

This operator is internally implemented via the
L<readpipe|perlfunc/readpipe EXPR> function after interpolation.

-Dan

(Perl)