develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from December 2018

[perl #133701] Porting/timecheck.c: suppress build-time warnings

From:
James E Keenan via RT
Date:
December 7, 2018 23:21
Subject:
[perl #133701] Porting/timecheck.c: suppress build-time warnings
Message ID:
rt-4.0.24-25124-1544224902-1184.133701-15-0@perl.org
On Thu, 29 Nov 2018 18:07:01 GMT, jkeenan@pobox.com wrote:
> While looking at https://rt.perl.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=133688 and
> poking around in the source code, I came across Porting/README.y2038 and
> Porting/timecheck.c.  I've never noticed either file before.  I tried
> out the instructions in README.y2038 for compiling and running
> timecheck.c.  I got build-time warnings which, in the patches attached,
> I believe I have suppressed.  I've also removed an 'include' that was
> preventing timecheck.c from compiling on FreeBSD.
>
> The patches are also in the smoke-me/jkeenan/timecheck-20181127 branch.

After some review by, and discussion with Tux today on #p5p, the branch has been merged into blead.

Thank you very much.

--
James E Keenan (jkeenan@cpan.org)

---