develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from December 2018

[perl #133699] Include header guards perl LGTM analysis andrecommendation

From:
James E Keenan via RT
Date:
December 3, 2018 02:12
Subject:
[perl #133699] Include header guards perl LGTM analysis andrecommendation
Message ID:
rt-4.0.24-30759-1543803112-290.133699-15-0@perl.org
On Thu, 29 Nov 2018 13:06:58 GMT, jkeenan wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Nov 2018 12:58:23 GMT, jkeenan@pobox.com wrote:
> > LGTM.com analysis of the Perl 5 core distribution flags certain files
> > with this message:
> >
> > "This header file should contain a header guard to prevent multiple
> > inclusion."
> >
> > See:
> > https://lgtm.com/projects/g/Perl/perl5/alerts/?mode=tree&ruleFocus=2163210746
> >
> > LGTM's recommendations concerning header guards are found here:
> >
> > https://lgtm.com/rules/2163210746/
> >
> > Some of the files flagged are maintained upstream on CPAN.  Patches
> > for
> > files maintained in blead to follow.
> >
> > Thank you very much.
> > Jim Keenan
>
> Patch attached.  This is smoking in the smoke-me/jkeenan/header-guards
> branch.

Smoke-test results:  http://perl.develop-help.com/?b=smoke-me%2Fjkeenan%2Fheader-guards

The only smokers which are not PASSing are those which are also failing in blead.

--
James E Keenan (jkeenan@cpan.org)

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open