develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from November 2018

Perl 5.28.1 binary kit for OpenVMS I64 available

From:
Craig Berry via perl5-porters
Date:
November 30, 2018 00:27
Subject:
Perl 5.28.1 binary kit for OpenVMS I64 available
Message ID:
C9864A1E-3B97-460F-B42D-2D656D104EFE@mac.com
An installation kit for OpenVMS I64 v8.4 and later is available at:

<https://sourceforge.net/projects/vmsperlkit/files/>

N.B.  I no longer have working Alpha hardware so there is no Alpha kit.

The file is a self-extracting archive and after downloading you must run it like so:

$ run VMSPORTS-I64VMS-PERL528-V0528-1-1.SFX_I64EXE

Then:

$ product install perl528

and follow the usual installation prompts. Note that the major version is now included in the product name so this installation will not remove installations of previous versions (e.g., 5.24 or 5.26).

The kit provided here is intended to be a convenient way to acquire a default build; there are many other configuration options available if you build your own Perl from the source at <http://www.cpan.org/src/5.0/>.

Have an appropriate amount of fun.  Anything related to this kit that turns out to be more fun than you can handle is probably best reported on the vmsperl mailing list.[1]

Changes in this release can be found via typing "perldoc perldelta" after installation.  Note particularly the two CVEs fixed in this release:

CVE-2018-18311
CVE-2018-18312

Some details are available at:

<https://perl5.git.perl.org/perl.git/blobdiff/1d8d75668ebf8560ed8614c29522825c5d6a5cc8..87e42e552afcb9f1556241cb0d0cda6b5f80b297:/pod/perldelta.pod>