develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from November 2018

Re: What platforms should we remove support from?

From:
Craig A. Berry
Date:
November 10, 2018 13:08
Re: What platforms should we remove support from?
Message ID:
CA+vYcVzAvvJstuTgeZSL6sZWXtc6aVDWUy8aHN3xL803SCxyeA@mail.gmail.com
On Sat, Nov 10, 2018 at 3:10 AM Sawyer X <xsawyerx@gmail.com> wrote:

> > dec_osf

> +1

I believe Tru64 (formerly known as DEC OSF/1 or Digital UNIX)
officially was EOLed by HPE in 2012, but there are systems still in
use and there aren't really *that* many occurrences of __osf__ in the
C code or dec_osf in Perl code, so it doesn't strike me as that
intrusive a port.  It's also been much better maintained than some of
the others (hints file last updated 3 years ago).  If there is some
particular maintenance pain being caused by this port, perhaps we
should be more specific about what that is before discarding the whole
thing.