develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from November 2018

[perl #133638] The rendering of perlapi on metacpan

From:
James E Keenan via RT
Date:
November 4, 2018 22:51
Subject:
[perl #133638] The rendering of perlapi on metacpan
Message ID:
rt-4.0.24-1646-1541371873-1928.133638-15-0@perl.org
On Sun, 04 Nov 2018 20:33:07 GMT, maj-git@mail.fortinbras.us wrote:
> This is a bug report for perl from maj-git@fortinbras.us,
> generated with the help of perlbug 1.40 running under perl 5.24.4.

> The rendering of perlapi on metacpan
>
> https://metacpan.org/pod/distribution/perl/autodoc.pl
>
> appears to be highly confused. There is a lot of plain code appearing
> prior to the NAME section. No section appears describing the api calls
> themselves.
>
> thanks

Confirmed.  This is a program internal to the Perl 5 core distribution which, strictly speaking, has no public documentation.  Because autodoc.pl generates files in .pod format, it has a long stretch of text in a heredoc which is in POD-like format.  That's probably confusing what metacpan.org does.

Perl 5 Porters doesn't have any direct control over metacpan.org, so we'll have to discuss a solution with that site's maintainers.  I have opened this ticket:

https://github.com/metacpan/metacpan-web/issues/2118

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan

--