Re: What platforms should we remove support from?

From:
Leon Timmermans
Date:
October 31, 2018 23:14
Re: What platforms should we remove support from?
Message ID:
CAHhgV8iO9iLHc-aGS=zx2Wj8b37H0wgXVTZtOrWpU-WbvgsojA@mail.gmail.com
On Mon, Jul 30, 2018 at 10:13 PM, Andy Broad <perl@broad.ology.org.uk> wrote:
> How exactly is it broken and unmaintainable?
>
> It builds out of the box here on my AmigaOne X1000 or upto fairly recent
> versions anyway have been short of time to test bguild of late.
>
> Jarko and I put some effort into making this so not that long ago in thye
> grander scheme of things?

The port is suffering from a low degree of abstraction. This is most
obvious in pp_system, which contains no less than 8 «ifdef
__amigaos4__»s in one function. This is making editing it rather
hazardous, even when doing nothing related to amiga.

This sort of code needs to be extirpated from the base directory,
either by moving it to amigaos4/, or by removing entirely. The former
has been called for before, the latter is the only thing most of us
know how to do.

It also suffers from a lack of comments. It's process model appears to
be causing a lot of complications without it being explained well.

Leon