[perl #133627] Error in perlbug test while building

From:
James E Keenan via RT
Date:
October 29, 2018 22:33
Subject:
[perl #133627] Error in perlbug test while building
Message ID:
rt-4.0.24-1274-1540852400-687.133627-15-0@perl.org
On Mon, 29 Oct 2018 16:48:24 GMT, marcus@breese.com wrote:
> Based on this patch/test:
> https://rt.perl.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=128020
>
> I apologize for not filing this with perlbug, but this error was
> encountered while compiling a new version of Perl (5.28.0) and I
> didn't want to use an older installed version to submit the bug.
>
> When testing, the bug that was patched in the above link, is marked as
> a failure if the user's $PATH is longer than 1000 characters long.
> This is because the PATH variable doesn't contain any whitespace that
> can be used to easily split the line with Text::Wrap.
>
> I have not patch for this, but the workaround is to explicitly set the
> PATH to something shorter than 1000 characters when testing.
>
> --
> Marcus Breese

Can you provide *as attachments* (rather than inline):

* The output of the failing test file(s).  For example:

#####
cd t;./perl harness -v ../lib/perl5db.t 2>&1 | tee ../test_failure_output.txt; cd -
#####

* The output of './perl -Ilib -V' from the perl you were compiling.

That will assist us in identifying the problem.

Thank you very much.

--
James E Keenan (jkeenan@cpan.org)

---