[perl #133612] ext/File-Glob/t/basic.t: Use of PERL_EXTERNAL_GLOBcauses test failure on Linux

From:
James E Keenan via RT
Date:
October 24, 2018 03:13
Subject:
[perl #133612] ext/File-Glob/t/basic.t: Use of PERL_EXTERNAL_GLOBcauses test failure on Linux
Message ID:
rt-4.0.24-8060-1540350780-1519.133612-15-0@perl.org

On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 00:33:26 GMT, LeonT wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 2:43 PM James E Keenan (via RT) <
> perlbug-followup@perl.org> wrote:
>
> > I have produced this error on Linux with both gcc and g++ -- but I do
> > *not* get the error on FreeBSD (where clang is the default compiler).
> >

> I suspect this difference is actually related to the absence (Linux) or
> presence (FreeBSD) of csh. Perl will prefer csh over bourne shell.
>
> Leon

Thanks.  Would you be able to take a look at the 3 *.c code fragments I posted the other day and suggest a patch?

--
James E Keenan (jkeenan@cpan.org)

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open