Re: [perl #133612] ext/File-Glob/t/basic.t: Use ofPERL_EXTERNAL_GLOB causes test failure on Linux

From:
Leon Timmermans
Date:
October 24, 2018 00:33
Re: [perl #133612] ext/File-Glob/t/basic.t: Use ofPERL_EXTERNAL_GLOB causes test failure on Linux
Message ID:
CAHhgV8i9ULRQyoNku4jLgnfA78zxYrCLaT4VM+7wsUs0RpUwPw@mail.gmail.com
On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 2:43 PM James E Keenan (via RT) <
perlbug-followup@perl.org> wrote:

> I have produced this error on Linux with both gcc and g++ -- but I do
> *not* get the error on FreeBSD (where clang is the default compiler).

I suspect this difference is actually related to the absence (Linux) or
presence (FreeBSD) of csh. Perl will prefer csh over bourne shell.

Leon