Re: [perl #133612] ext/File-Glob/t/basic.t: Use ofPERL_EXTERNAL_GLOB causes test failure on Linux

From:
Leon Timmermans
Date:
October 24, 2018 00:28
Re: [perl #133612] ext/File-Glob/t/basic.t: Use ofPERL_EXTERNAL_GLOB causes test failure on Linux
Message ID:
CAHhgV8iHEQsfnRHVLAPxQ5DA=cwHNmyAkMQDU1Tu003nb+gm7Q@mail.gmail.com
On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 2:43 PM James E Keenan (via RT) <
perlbug-followup@perl.org> wrote:

> There is no adequate documentation of PERL_EXTERNAL_GLOB in INSTALL,
> pod/perlintern.pod or similar locations.  Its name suggests that it
> means something like "Use a glob outside Perl", but that doesn't help us
> very much.  Looking at the source code, I think the following sections
> of code need investigation:

Before File::Glob entered core in 5.6.0 globbing was implemented by
shelling out. If PERL_EXTERNAL_GLOB is defined perl still does this the old
way.

Leon