Perl 5.29.4 is released

From:
Aaron Crane
Date:
October 20, 2018 14:24
Subject:
Perl 5.29.4 is released
Message ID:
CACmk_tuCE9oq85U+TL_s9Fd+bPmJ=gXFyxpWkDjHCMB9kJj4aA@mail.gmail.com
  Well
  Guy in a skeleton costume
  Comes up to the guy in the Superman suit
  Runs through him with a broadsword
  I flipped the television off
  Bring all the bright lights up
  Turn the radio up loud
  I don't know why I'm so persuaded
  That if I think things through
  Long enough and hard enough
  I'll somehow get to you
  But then you came in and we locked eyes
  You kicked the ashtray over as we came toward each other
  Stubbed my cigarette out against the west wall
  Quickly lit another
  Look at that
  Would you look at that?
  We're throwing off sparks
  What will I do when I don't have you
  To hold onto in the dark?

     -- "Oceanographer's Choice", The Mountain Goats

We are cock-a-hoop to announce version 29.4, the fifth development
release of version 29 of Perl 5.

You will soon be able to download Perl 5.29.4 from your favorite CPAN
mirror or find it at:

https://metacpan.org/release/ARC/perl-5.29.4

SHA1 digests for this release are:

 98f4a0b0a1b08ff330917c729af1b492f21cb002   perl-5.29.4tar.gz
 38149f40c3a748372e64e8cf503ef404eee86818   perl-5.29.4.tar.xz

You can find a full list of changes in the file "perldelta.pod"
located in the "pod" directory inside the release and on the web at

https://metacpan.org/pod/release/ARC/perl-5.29.4/pod/perldelta.pod

Perl 5.29.4 represents approximately 4 weeks of development since Perl
5.29.3 and contains approximately 8,400 lines of changes across 180
files from 17 authors.

Excluding auto-generated files, documentation and release tools, there
were approximately 6,300 lines of changes to 110 .pm, .t, .c and .h
files.

Perl continues to flourish into its fourth decade thanks to a vibrant
community of users and developers. The following people are known to
have contributed the improvements that became Perl 5.29.4:

Aaron Crane, Alexandr Savca, Andreas König, Chris 'BinGOs' Williams,
Craig A. Berry, Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker, David Mitchell, Eugen
Konkov, James E Keenan, John SJ Anderson, Karl Williamson, Matthias
Bethke, Nicolas R., Sisyphus, Slaven Rezic, Tomasz Konojacki, Tony
Cook.

The list above is almost certainly incomplete as it is automatically
generated from version control history. In particular, it does not
include the names of the (very much appreciated) contributors who
reported issues to the Perl bug tracker.

Many of the changes included in this version originated in the CPAN
modules included in Perl's core. We're grateful to the entire CPAN
community for helping Perl to flourish.

For a more complete list of all of Perl's historical contributors,
please see the "AUTHORS" file in the Perl source distribution.

We expect to release version 5.29.5 on November 20th. The next major
stable release of Perl 5, version 30.0, should appear in May 2019.

Share and enjoy!

--
Aaron Crane