[perl #133587] toolchain possibilities for avoiding "binariesmismatched" error

From:
Dan Book via RT
Date:
October 18, 2018 20:18
Subject:
[perl #133587] toolchain possibilities for avoiding "binariesmismatched" error
Message ID:
rt-4.0.24-7324-1539893920-316.133587-15-0@perl.org
On Thu, 18 Oct 2018 13:00:06 -0700, frederik@ofb.net wrote:
> Also I'm confused by the syntax, I would have thought the second
> command should also report the module being up to date:
>
> $ cpanm Compress::Raw::Zlib@2.076
> Compress::Raw::Zlib is up to date. (2.076)
> $ cpanm 'Compress::Raw::Zlib~>=2.076'
> --> Working on Compress::Raw::Zlib
> Fetching http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/P/PM/PMQS/Compress-Raw-Zlib-
> 2.081.tar.g

2.076 is not the latest version. @2.076 arranges to have exactly that version installed, whereas ~2.076 arranges for that version or higher, equivalent to ~'>= 2.076', and it seems cpanm will take this to mean that it should upgrade the module.

-Dan

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open