[perl #133582] POSIX::log2 weird behaviour

From:
sisyphus@cpan.org via RT
Date:
October 17, 2018 00:12
Subject:
[perl #133582] POSIX::log2 weird behaviour
Message ID:
rt-4.0.24-28876-1539735153-1668.133582-15-0@perl.org
On Tue, 16 Oct 2018 09:04:25 -0700, me@xenu.pl wrote:
> Or maybe use this[1] list, it seems to be pretty comprehensive.
>
> [1] -
> https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/b/vcblog/archive/2013/07/19/c99-
> library-support-in-visual-studio-2013.aspx

I had a look through mingw's math.h (gcc-4.4.3) to see what was there.
I then looked through the 2 '.gc' files, and found that they disallowed the use of the following available functions:

cbrt
acosh
asinh
atanh
copysign
copysignl
erf
exp2
expm1
finite
fmax
fmin
fpclass
fpclassify
hypot
ilogb
ilogbl
isinf
isless
isnanl
isnormal
j0
lgamma
llrint
llrintl
llround
llroundl
log1p
log2
logb
lrint
lrintl
lround
lroundl
nan
nearbyint
nextafter
nexttoward
remainder
remquo
rint
round
scalbn
scalbnl
signbit
sqrtl
tgamma
trunc
truncl

Interestingly, there's an "#ifdef WIN32" block in POSIX.xs that then allows the gcc and msvc implementations of hypot, logb, nextafter, j0, j1, jn, y0, y1, and yn.

The math.t test script would also need some attention as it unconditionally avoids testing the C99 Math functions on Windows.

I'll enable all of those "disabled" functions in the '.gc' files, do some testing and present some patches.

However, I've no interest in doing anything as regards the '.vc' files.

Cheers,
Rob

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open