Re: [perl #133587] toolchain possibilities for avoiding "binariesmismatched" error

From:
Graham Knop
Date:
October 16, 2018 11:28
Re: [perl #133587] toolchain possibilities for avoiding "binariesmismatched" error
Message ID:
CAM=m89HT-cbN+Bzp21tZ=OqYaNfO22sehMWhUTmCQ2h0FfdRYg@mail.gmail.com
On Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 10:33 PM Dan Book via RT
<perlbug-followup@perl.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Oct 2018 13:23:29 -0700, slaven@rezic.de wrote:
> > Leon Timmermans <fawaka@gmail.com> writes:

> > > local::lib doesn't support version/configuration specific paths
> > > because PERL5LIB doesn't support such a thing.
> >
> > Hmmm. "perldoc perlrun" says:
> >
> > PERL5LIB        [...] Any architecture-specific and version-specific
> >                 directories, such as version/archname/, version/, or
> >                 archname/ under the specified locations are
> > automatically
> >                 included if they exist
> >
> > So PERL5LIB does the right thing. Unfortunately EUMM's INSTALL_BASE
> > does
> > not support this.
> >

> This documentation only mentions 'version-specific' since Perl 5.18.0. The documentation for https://perldoc.pl/lib mentions it since Perl 5.8.9. I'm not sure if this reflects when the feature was actually present, but local::lib does need to support older Perls.

Automatic support for versioned library paths in both PERL5LIB and
lib.pm has existed since at least 5.003_01.