Re: [perl #133587] toolchain possibilities for avoiding "binariesmismatched" error

From:
Slaven Rezic
Date:
October 15, 2018 20:23
Re: [perl #133587] toolchain possibilities for avoiding "binariesmismatched" error
Message ID:
87ftx7nenk.fsf@cvrsnica.herceg.de
Leon Timmermans <fawaka@gmail.com> writes:

> On Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 1:39 PM Dave Mitchell <davem@iabyn.com> wrote:
>> No, what you really want to do is, if installing under your home
>> directory, install version-sensitive files under version-specific paths.
>> This appears to be a infelicity in the current local::lib tool. I don't
>> know a lot about local::lib, and I'm not a "toolchain guy", so I don't
>> know whether there's a good reason why local::lib does things the way it
>> does or whether it can be altered / extended to include versions in paths.
>
> local::lib doesn't support version/configuration specific paths
> because PERL5LIB doesn't support such a thing.

Hmmm. "perldoc perlrun" says:

PERL5LIB        [...] Any architecture-specific and version-specific
                directories, such as version/archname/, version/, or
                archname/ under the specified locations are automatically
                included if they exist

So PERL5LIB does the right thing. Unfortunately EUMM's INSTALL_BASE does
not support this.

Regards,
    Slaven

--
Slaven Rezic - slaven <at> rezic <dot> de

    Berlin Perl Mongers - http://berlin.pm.org