Re: [perl #133587] toolchain possibilities for avoiding "binariesmismatched" error

From:
Leon Timmermans
Date:
October 15, 2018 20:10
Re: [perl #133587] toolchain possibilities for avoiding "binariesmismatched" error
Message ID:
CAHhgV8jNzsHQOXvD+vOQ0ym57UjE68qwiXS4ra5-rhF6WCh-eg@mail.gmail.com
On Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 1:39 PM Dave Mitchell <davem@iabyn.com> wrote:
> No, what you really want to do is, if installing under your home
> directory, install version-sensitive files under version-specific paths.
> This appears to be a infelicity in the current local::lib tool. I don't
> know a lot about local::lib, and I'm not a "toolchain guy", so I don't
> know whether there's a good reason why local::lib does things the way it
> does or whether it can be altered / extended to include versions in paths.

local::lib doesn't support version/configuration specific paths
because PERL5LIB doesn't support such a thing. Short of horrible hacks
involving putting a coderef in @INC (which causes issues elsewhere) I
can't see a solution based on the current primitives.

Leon