Re: Fatalizations promised for perl-5.30: what is their status

From:
James E Keenan
Date:
October 12, 2018 14:00
Re: Fatalizations promised for perl-5.30: what is their status
Message ID:
4862952e-7e53-2737-b382-79099ffa286d@pobox.com
On 09/23/2018 03:29 PM, Karen Etheridge wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 23, 2018 at 5:02 AM James E Keenan <jkeenan@pobox.com
> <mailto:jkeenan@pobox.com>> wrote:
>
>     Could we get a discussion going on the fatalizations promised for 5.30,
>     as I described in this post?
>

> I would welcome these warnings becoming fatal sooner rather than later,
> so we have time to measure the fallout on cpan and maximize the amount
> of time we have to get all the fixes in place before 5.30 ships next May.
>
> Is there any reason why this should not be done now, for the 5.29.4 release?
>
> -ether

Here is some additional data:  parts of the source code which may
indicate places where we have to take further action to achieve
scheduled fatalizations in 5.30.

It's the output of this command:
ack -C5 WARN_DEPRECATED ./*.c ./*.h

Places where the fatalization is scheduled for 5.32 can obviously be
ignored, but additional eyeballs on the other places would be welcome.

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan