Re: [perl #133547] Inconsistency in Script Run

From:
Karl Williamson
Date:
October 2, 2018 21:40
Re: [perl #133547] Inconsistency in Script Run
Message ID:
8788134e-0dca-4aa6-e080-c945b6cd38e4@khwilliamson.com
On 10/02/2018 10:10 AM, ph10@hermes.cam.ac.uk wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Oct 2018, Karl Williamson wrote:
>
>> 1cf7 is not a Common character in the Script Extensions property, and so yes
>> the longest script run in that string is AB.  The Script property is
>> irrelevant to script runs.
>
> I must be misunderstanding something. I do not see the word "common"
> anywhere in the ScriptExtensions.txt file. Ah! It *is* the script
> extensions property for characters that are not mentioned whose Script
> property is Common. Is that it? (This is proving to be much more
> complicated that I expected. :-) Thanks for putting up with me.

The top of ScriptExtensions.txt says:

# All code points not explicitly listed for Script_Extensions
# have as their value the corresponding Script property value

The way mktables creates scx is to create a copy of sc, and then
override the entries that are in ScriptExtensions.txt.