Re: [perl #133547] Inconsistency in Script Run

From:
Karl Williamson
Date:
October 2, 2018 15:58
Re: [perl #133547] Inconsistency in Script Run
Message ID:
ac8d39c7-f9d4-b67a-2648-e48364066c4b@khwilliamson.com
On 10/02/2018 09:12 AM, ph10@hermes.cam.ac.uk wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Sep 2018, Karl Williamson wrote:
>
>> perlre has been updated since 5.28.0 to make clearer the acceptable behavior
>> of a run.
>
> Sorry to nag you again, but have I got the following right? Perl allows
> a Common or Inherited character in a script run only if its Script
> Extension property lists the script of other characters in the run, or
> if it doesn't figure in the Extensions file. Example: the longest script
> run in "AB\x{1cf7}" is "AB", even though 1cf7 is a Common character.

1cf7 is not a Common character in the Script Extensions property, and so
yes the longest script run in that string is AB.  The Script property is
irrelevant to script runs.