develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from September 2018

[perl #133547] Inconsistency in Script Run

From:
Karl Williamson via RT
Date:
September 30, 2018 16:51
Subject:
[perl #133547] Inconsistency in Script Run
Message ID:
rt-4.0.24-22785-1538326273-725.133547-15-0@perl.org
This is fixed by

commit 393e5a4585b92e635cfc4eee34da8f86f3bfd2af
 Author: Karl Williamson <khw@cpan.org>
 Date:   Sun Sep 30 10:38:02 2018 -0600

     PATCH: [perl #133547]: script run broken

     All scripts can have the ASCII digits for their numbers.  Scripts with
     their own digits can alternatively use those.  Only one of these two
     sets can be used in a script run.  The decision as to which set to use
     must be deferred until the first digit is encountered, as otherwise we
     don't know which set will be used.  Prior to this commit, the decision
     was being made prematurely in some cases.  As a result of this change,
     the non-ASCII-digits in the Common script need to be special-cased, and
     different criteria are used to decide if we need to look up whether a
     character is a digit or not.

--
Karl Williamson

---