develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from September 2018

Re: Fatalizations promised for perl-5.30: what is their status

From:
David Nicol
Date:
September 25, 2018 15:00
Re: Fatalizations promised for perl-5.30: what is their status
Message ID:
CAFwScO9YZFxZfnhtxWiJwztDdJ7uPy4rmQd-T3TZUu_onyi8dw@mail.gmail.com
how broad will the fatalizations be? Will they just be when the unreached
C<my> is found during optimization, or will

$ perl -le ' for(;;){  $counter++ % 5 or my $x = 37; print $x++; sleep 1 }'
37
0
1
2
3
37
0
1

become fatal too? And also, how does $x get reset there? I was expecting it
to count from 37 to 41 repeatedly.
The above result obtained with Cygwin's distributed 5.22.

--
"I don't know about that, as it is outside of my area of expertise." --
competent specialized practitioners, all the time