develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from September 2018

Re: Fatalizations promised for perl-5.30: what is their status

From:
Karen Etheridge
Date:
September 23, 2018 19:30
Re: Fatalizations promised for perl-5.30: what is their status
Message ID:
CAPJsHfDSrPWQXAx5kC94fpxXbbWgjkw7BuR=GMb4ruEF7b6C6A@mail.gmail.com
On Sun, Sep 23, 2018 at 5:02 AM James E Keenan <jkeenan@pobox.com> wrote:

> Could we get a discussion going on the fatalizations promised for 5.30,
> as I described in this post?

I would welcome these warnings becoming fatal sooner rather than later, so
we have time to measure the fallout on cpan and maximize the amount of time
we have to get all the fixes in place before 5.30 ships next May.

Is there any reason why this should not be done now, for the 5.29.4 release?

-ether