develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from September 2018

[perl #131388] g++ vs subnormals in 5.26.0

From:
sisyphus@cpan.org via RT
Date:
September 23, 2018 13:39
Subject:
[perl #131388] g++ vs subnormals in 5.26.0
Message ID:
rt-4.0.24-29970-1537709955-1926.131388-15-0@perl.org
On Sun, 23 Sep 2018 05:37:52 -0700, jkeenan wrote:

> So the test failure in the smoke-test may be a transient failure due
> to resource limitations.

I don't know what would have caused that failure, and I'll happily go along with "resource limitations".

Note that the patch was to t/op/sprintf2.t and that the only failures we could therefore attribute to it would have to be t/op/sprintf2.t failures.

I don't think there are any smokers where $Config{longdblkind} is either 1 or 2, so I don't think my change to t/op/sprintf2.t will make any difference to them.

Hopefully I'm wrong about that - I'd be delighted to learn that there's at least 1 smoker out there that has the quadruple precision, 128-bit, IEEE 754 long double where $Config{longdblkind} is being set correctly to 1 or 2.

The various $Config{longdblkind} values are explained in the Config.pm documentation.

Cheers,
Rob

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open