develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from September 2018

[perl #131388] g++ vs subnormals in 5.26.0

From:
sisyphus@cpan.org via RT
Date:
September 22, 2018 12:14
Subject:
[perl #131388] g++ vs subnormals in 5.26.0
Message ID:
rt-4.0.24-18531-1537618480-1278.131388-15-0@perl.org
On Tue, 11 Sep 2018 19:11:02 -0700, sisyphus@cpan.org wrote:

> I suppose, to be thorough, we should also be performing similar tests
> for subnormal NV values on -Duselongdouble and -Dusequadmath builds.

On closer inspection I can see that's already happening.
In fact, I don't see any need to make any alteration to the version of t/op/sprintf2.t that is currently in the smoke-me/jkeenan/sisyphus/131388-subnormals branch ... except, perhaps, for one unrelated observation:

At line 897 of smoke-me/jkeenan/sisyphus/131388-subnormals/t/op/sprintf2.t, we begin 7 tests on usequadmath builds in response to ticket #128843.
I believe those tests could also be applied to uselongdouble builds where the long double conforms to the IEEE 754 standard.
I'm not bothered one way or the other about this, and I don't have access to a system that provides such long doubles so I can't test it.
But I'm attaching the patch (against smoke-me/jkeenan/sisyphus/131388-subnormals/t/op/sprintf2.t) for review, anyway.

Cheers,
Rob

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open