develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from September 2018

Perl 5.29.3 is released!

From:
John SJ Anderson
Date:
September 21, 2018 03:10
Subject:
Perl 5.29.3 is released!
Message ID:
3D663658-6CC2-4897-BB0E-EAD96400101D@genehack.org
  Enjoy the best things in your life
  ’Cause you ain’t gonna get to live it twice
  They say you waste time asleep
  But I’m just tryin’ to dream

    — “Senior Skip Day”, Mac Miller (1992-2018, RIP)

We are astonishingly gobsmacked to announce version 29.3,
the 4th development release of version 29 of Perl 5.

You will soon be able to download Perl 5.29.3 from your
favorite CPAN mirror or find it at:

https://metacpan.org/release/GENEHACK/perl-5.29.3/

SHA1 digests for this release are:

  4df198a5931bb182afa77a68db0cd297bfddc7fb  perl-5.29.3.tar.gz
  b25851a17db604c81c28e62181183508ceac8157  perl-5.29.3.tar.xz

You can find a full list of changes in the file "perldelta.pod" located in
the "pod" directory inside the release and on the web at

https://metacpan.org/pod/release/GENEHACK/perl-5.29.3/pod/perldelta.pod

Perl 5.29.3 represents approximately 4 weeks of development since Perl
5.29.2 and contains approximately 150,000 lines of changes across 190 files
from 15 authors.

Excluding auto-generated files, documentation and release tools, there were
approximately 140,000 lines of changes to 92 .pm, .t, .c and .h files.

Perl continues to flourish into its fourth decade thanks to a vibrant
community of users and developers. The following people are known to have
contributed the improvements that became Perl 5.29.3:

Andy Dougherty, Chris 'BinGOs' Williams, Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker, David
Mitchell, Eugen Konkov, Graham Knop, H.Merijn Brand, James E Keenan, John SJ
Anderson, Karen Etheridge, Karl Williamson, Sawyer X, Slaven Rezic, Steve
Hay, Sullivan Beck, Tony Cook.

The list above is almost certainly incomplete as it is automatically
generated from version control history. In particular, it does not include
the names of the (very much appreciated) contributors who reported issues to
the Perl bug tracker.

Many of the changes included in this version originated in the CPAN modules
included in Perl's core. We're grateful to the entire CPAN community for
helping Perl to flourish.

For a more complete list of all of Perl's historical contributors, please
see the F<AUTHORS> file in the Perl source distribution.

We expect to release version 5.29.4 on 20 Oct 2018.  The next major stable
release of Perl 5, version 30.0, should appear in May 2019.

share and enjoy,
john.