develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from September 2018

Re: Why perl5 dev not move to github like perl6?

From:
=?UTF-8?B?6ZmI5qKT56uL?=
Date:
September 12, 2018 14:52
Re: Why perl5 dev not move to github like perl6?
Message ID:
CALL9TY+UKmg9xjLOPuM2MH=DjKs2GEaFTAu8VhWmWgVhymPh8Q@mail.gmail.com
Hi Dan,

Glad to know that there has been some effort on it.

What I'm mainly concerned is that how Perl current develop, release and
test process depending on the original repo.
Perl 6 recent month squash close RT tickets via open corresponding issues
on GitHub, and deprecated RT way while still accept tickets from RT.
For the Perl 5 side, as you mentioned that encourage new contributors, it
is worth to port developing and release/testing process to GitHub(as a
modern active open source community). While moving discussion and issue
reporting are less worthy.

Could you share your previous work? Maybe porters could help to introduce a
coexist process that publish patches(PRs).

Best,
tison.

Dan Book <grinnz@gmail.com> 于2018年9月12日周三 下午2:55写道: