develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from September 2018

Re: Why perl5 dev not move to github like perl6?

From:
Dan Book
Date:
September 12, 2018 06:55
Re: Why perl5 dev not move to github like perl6?
Message ID:
CABMkAVXYcXu9NiP+N9JHRUktUYjLsJGoiq+r2vc+Z+oGWe5hmw@mail.gmail.com
On Wed, Sep 12, 2018 at 2:42 AM 陈梓立 <wander4096@gmail.com> wrote:

> However, I'd like to see that Perl development takes benefits as you
> mentioned, so I suggest that it could be considered supporting pull request
> from GitHub, while remains the discussion and ticket report at where they
> are.

I once suggested an automation system that would take pull requests
submitted to the github mirror and turn them into patches to submit to RT
tickets. The ability to submit PRs would certainly make me more inclined to
contribute rather than all of the hoops I currently have to jump through to
create and send simple patches. But I'm not sure if there's interest or
someone who could set that up.

-Dan