develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from September 2018

Re: Why perl5 dev not move to github like perl6?

From:
=?UTF-8?B?6ZmI5qKT56uL?=
Date:
September 12, 2018 06:41
Re: Why perl5 dev not move to github like perl6?
Message ID:
CALL9TYJhP_OaZpDcOocX93RMEEk=J_UuJ_46YWUWHUNyW9rVdA@mail.gmail.com
Hi Netroby,

I am another new comer of Perl devs.

Regard that Perl 5 has been developing via p5p/rt thread so far, I think it
is unreasonable to "move" the development to GitHub or some other place.

However, I'd like to see that Perl development takes benefits as you
mentioned, so I suggest that it could be considered supporting pull request
from GitHub, while remains the discussion and ticket report at where they
are.

It might be a more smooth way to gain goodies from modern develop
community, but there are still too many works to do.

Waiting for senior porters response.

Best,
tison.

Netroby <hufeng1987@gmail.com> 于2018年9月12日周三 下午2:33写道: