develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from September 2018

[perl #133510] Build failure in blead: Linux -Dusequadmath-Dcc=g++-8

From:
James E Keenan
Date:
September 11, 2018 22:24
Subject:
[perl #133510] Build failure in blead: Linux -Dusequadmath-Dcc=g++-8
Message ID:
rt-4.0.24-19863-1536704661-404.133510-75-0@perl.org
# New Ticket Created by  James E Keenan
# Please include the string:  [perl #133510]

I first caught a whiff of this build-time failure in this smoke-test
report from Carlos Guevara:

http://perl.develop-help.com/raw/?id=213970

... whose log file is here:

http://perl5.test-smoke.org/logfile/70257

(Note the 6 "Segmentation fault" messages in that log.)

I installed gcc-8 and g++-8 locally on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS and configured thus:

#####
sh ./Configure -des -Dusedevel -Dcc="g++-8" -Dusequadmath
#####

(The perl_V.txt attached does not pertain to this build.)

make test_prep failed after miniperl had been built, apparently during
the build of ext/POSIX/.  See attachment for the tail of 'make
test_prep' output; I can send the full output if needed.

Same configuration only with gcc-8 tests PASS.

Can someone diagnose?

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan