Re: [perl #133469] test-more error is preventing net-upnp from beinginstalled

From:
Dave Mitchell
Date:
Re: [perl #133469] test-more error is preventing net-upnp from beinginstalled
Message ID:
20180827083815.GB24806@iabyn.com
On Sun, Aug 26, 2018 at 06:01:57PM -0700, James E Keenan via RT wrote:
> Should the problem be in Test2::API, that's part of the Test-Simple
> distribution which, though distributed with perl-5.28, is maintained
> upstream on CPAN.  You would therefore have to file a report with its
> bug tracker.  I'm therefore inclined to reject this ticket.

The OP has just submitted two tickets, both of which show perl failing
with trivial one-line programs:

    use version;

and

    require Test2::API;

Clearly something this basic wouldn't be failing on most perls or we'd
have noticed long before now. The question is, what is different about the
OP's perl installation, and does this reflect a problem with the OP's
system, with the nodules in question, or with perl itself? We don't know
yet.

The OP's perl appears to be the one bundled with the OS, which may have
local changes causing the problem (or not). Its also an arm CPU which
might be triggering an obscure endian bug for example.

OP - do you have the ability to download and build a vanilla version
of 5.28.0 and see if the problem one liners are still reproducible?

--
A major Starfleet emergency breaks out near the Enterprise, but
fortunately some other ships in the area are able to deal with it to