[perl #133469] test-more error is preventing net-upnp from beinginstalled

From:
James E Keenan via RT
Date:
August 27, 2018 01:02
Subject:
[perl #133469] test-more error is preventing net-upnp from beinginstalled
Message ID:
rt-4.0.24-23794-1535331717-1773.133469-15-0@perl.org
On Thu, 23 Aug 2018 23:41:59 GMT, whpaul.thompson@gmail.com wrote:
> This is a bug report for perl from whpaul.thompson@gmail.com,
> generated with the help of perlbug 1.41 running under perl 5.28.0.

> [Please describe your issue here]
>
> Attempting to install net-upnp v.1.4.3 on archlinux arm. It fails
> because
> of a problem with the test-more package
>
> Problem with test-more can be reproduced with the following file:
> > #!/bin/perl
> >
> > require Test2::API;
>
> Output is as follows:
> > Can't locate object method "context_acquire_callbacks" via package
> > "Test2::API::Instance" at /usr/share/perl5/core_perl/Test2/API.pm
> > line 146.
> > Compilation failed in require at ./test2-api-test.pl line 3.

Diagnosing problems with Linux distributions is really far outside the scope of rt.perl.org, as this issue tracker is for problems in the Perl 5 core distribution.

That being said, a DDG search for 'net-upnp' led me to this CPAN distribution:  https://metacpan.org/pod/Net::UPnP

I downloaded its source code but couldn't find the strings 'Test2' or 'API' therein.  Its test suite consists in its entirety of:

#####
use Test::More tests => 1;
BEGIN { use_ok('Net::UPnP') };
#####

Should the problem be in Test2::API, that's part of the Test-Simple distribution which, though distributed with perl-5.28, is maintained upstream on CPAN.  You would therefore have to file a report with its bug tracker.  I'm therefore inclined to reject this ticket.

Thank you very much.
--
James E Keenan (jkeenan@cpan.org)

---