Re: [perl #133440] binaries mismatched again

From:
frederik
Date:
Re: [perl #133440] binaries mismatched again
Message ID:
20768_1534956113_5B7D9251_20768_128_1_20180822164136.GA28274@ofb.net
> So I'm mildly peeved by your response, and the OP's follow up of "oh at
> last someone's taking some responsibility" - after about 7 porters have
> already taken time and effort to try and diagnose the issue or suggest
> workarounds and/or long-term solutions.

I'm sorry Dave, my reply to Karen was meant to be off-list, but I
failed to note the "via RT" in the email address. (Apologies to Karen
as well)

In any case I wasn't thanking her for taking responsibility, but for
encouraging P5P to do so. I'm also very familiar with the annoyance of
having to "pursue the issue in another bug queue", although I'm not
sure where I would send what suggestions, as I think we haven't really
discussed that yet.

I'm attaching some proposed patches for P5P, maybe I have enough
information to take some responsibility as well at this point.
However, these are not meant to be a "finished product", I'm sure they
will need some additional work before they can be applied.

I would hope that eventually the full module name can be reported by
the util.c error message, but rather than dig around to figure out how
to do that (I am badly unfamiliar with the software) I decided that my
documentation patch would just explain how to search for the module
using the information supplied by the current message.

Thank you,

Frederick