Perl 5.29.2 is released

From:
chris
Date:
August 20, 2018 21:10
Subject:
Perl 5.29.2 is released
Message ID:
15347993870.f4E1.82000@bingosnet.co.uk

  Look, I didn't want to be a half-blood.

  If you're reading this because you think you might be one,
  my advice is: close this book right now. Believe whatever
  lie your mom or dad told you about your birth, and try
  to lead a normal life.

  Being a half-blood is dangerous. It's scary. Most of the time,
  it gets you killed in painful, nasty ways.

  If you're a normal kid, reading this because you think it's
  fiction, great. Read on. I envy you for being able to believe
  that none of this ever happened.

  But if you recognize yourself in these pages - if you feel
  something stirring inside - stop reading immediately.
  You might be one of us. And once you know that, it's only a
  matter of time before they sense it too, and they'll come for you.

  -- "The Lightning Thief" - Rock Riordan

We are dumbfounded to announce version 29.2,
the third development release of version 29 of Perl 5.

You will soon be able to download Perl 5.29.2 from your
favorite CPAN mirror or find it at:

https://metacpan.org/release/BINGOS/perl-5.29.2/

SHA1 digests for this release are:

  ef993731cea8588aff45085dcd45696bea3ab581  perl-5.29.2.tar.gz
  232628820b6032cf5960be7350ebe092d262eeb4  perl-5.29.2.tar.xz

You can find a full list of changes in the file "perldelta.pod" located in
the "pod" directory inside the release and on the web at

https://metacpan.org/pod/release/BINGOS/perl-5.29.2/pod/perldelta.pod

Perl 5.29.2 represents approximately 4 weeks of development since Perl
5.29.1 and contains approximately 59,000 lines of changes across 240 files
from 15 authors.

Excluding auto-generated files, documentation and release tools, there were
approximately 47,000 lines of changes to 130 .pm, .t, .c and .h files.

Perl continues to flourish into its fourth decade thanks to a vibrant
community of users and developers. The following people are known to have
contributed the improvements that became Perl 5.29.2:

Aaron Crane, Chad Granum, Chris 'BinGOs' Williams, Craig A. Berry, Daniel
Dragan, David Mitchell, H.Merijn Brand, James E Keenan, Karl Williamson,
Sawyer X, Sisyphus, Steve Hay, Tomasz Konojacki, Tony Cook, Unicode
Consortium.

The list above is almost certainly incomplete as it is automatically
generated from version control history. In particular, it does not include
the names of the (very much appreciated) contributors who reported issues to
the Perl bug tracker.

Many of the changes included in this version originated in the CPAN modules
included in Perl's core. We're grateful to the entire CPAN community for
helping Perl to flourish.

For a more complete list of all of Perl's historical contributors, please
see the F<AUTHORS> file in the Perl source distribution.
We expect to release version 29.3 on 20th September 2018.
The next major stable release of Perl 5, version 30.0, should
appear in May 2019.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.