Tests of Storable fail - looking for advice

From:
Ludwig, Mark
Date:
August 17, 2018 02:44
Subject:
Tests of Storable fail - looking for advice
Message ID:
BC5672F8AD4C054BAF167C9801500D1A017860FA08@USSLMMBX004.net.plm.eds.com
Greetings,

I am trying to build Perl 5.26.2 on four platforms (AIX, HP-UX, Linux, and Solaris).

Three of the Storable tests fail on AIX and HP-UX: downgrade, malice, and restrict.  The failures on AIX and HP-UX appear identical.  (Tests succeed on Linux and Solaris.)

I spent several hours poking at the downgrade problems, and find inconsistencies that don't make sense to me.  Is this list a place where I can send details and work with someone to understand what's wrong?

Thanks,

Mark Ludwig

Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc.
Communications and Government Affairs
Lifecycle Coll
5939 Rice Creek Parkway
Shoreview, MN  55126 United States