[perl #133440] binaries mismatched again

From:
bulk88 via RT
Date:
August 12, 2018 19:04
Subject:
[perl #133440] binaries mismatched again
Message ID:
rt-4.0.24-11322-1534100650-164.133440-15-0@perl.org
On Fri, 10 Aug 2018 11:24:20 -0700, frederik@ofb.net wrote:
> Maybe I have a bad memory, but it came up again and I wrote a new
> report before I remembered the old one. Here it is:
>
> Every time I upgrade my system, I run into this problem. But I don't
> upgrade often enough to remember what the solution is.
>
> The problem is that when running Perl code I see error messages
> containing the text "loadable library and perl binaries are
> mismatched".
>
> These messages don't point to a remedy, or even a specific module;
> instead they give the name of a C source file in a module. Googling is
> not very helpful.

https://perldoc.perl.org/perldiag.html#List-form-of-piped-open-not-implemented

%s: loadable library and perl binaries are mismatched (got handshake key %p, needed %p)
(P) A dynamic loading library .so or .dll was being loaded into the process that was built against a different build of perl than the said library was compiled against. Reinstalling the XS module will likely fix this error.

bulk88 ~ bulk88 at hotmail.com

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open