Re: What platforms should we remove support from?

From:
Karl Williamson
Date:
Re: What platforms should we remove support from?
Message ID:
ead6c742-3ca3-581e-2bfb-2cad714b475c@khwilliamson.com
Top posted.

Based on feedback so far, here is an updated list of potential
candidates for removal:

amigaos  current code to support this is broken and hard to maintain,
hence a strong vote from LeonT to remove this

apollo
dec_osf
dgux
epoc Support already officially dropped; code still here to handle it is
a relic

interix
irix people still use perl on irix, though maybe not modern perls.  A
box to test on is in the works.

MacOS (classic)  Support already officially dropped; code still here to
handle it is a relic

mint
mpeix
NetWare
nto
os2
riscos
sunos  (not solaris)
symbian The platform is dead, and this port was just a toy
unicos
unicosmk
uts
uwin

vos  Stratus has patched this in the past few years, so khw thinks this
should stay

wince  The people who wanted to keep it have dropped their opposition,
and it's probably currently broken

MSWin32 VC6 Has specialized code.  khw's feedback on this, is that I had
to work around issues with this in 5.27, so some of that specialized
code is very recent.   I could have used that time more productively,
and think we should drop support for this.