Re: What platforms should we remove support from?

From:
David Cantrell
Date:
Re: What platforms should we remove support from?
Message ID:
20180730123412.GA29033@bytemark.barnyard.co.uk
On Sun, Jul 29, 2018 at 12:15:06PM -0600, Karl Williamson wrote:

> Even though the core C language files may not have much in the way of
> specialized support, the supporting modules shipped with core do.  There
> are a bunch of instances where $^O is examined.  I grepped for those,
> and threw out any .t or .pod files.  In the interest of moving forward,
> I compiled this list of platforms that are tested for, minus the ones I
> am confident that we want to continue to support:

> irix

I know of people still using perl on Irix. No idea if they're keeping
up-to-date. The last time I tried to build perl on Irix it blew up on me
but that was a while back and I don't recall the details.

One of the thigns on my to-do list is setting up an Irix box and giving
accounts to any perl5-porters who care for one. I've actually got the
machine for it, just not set it up yet.

--
header   FROM_DAVID_CANTRELL    From =~ /david.cantrell/i
describe FROM_DAVID_CANTRELL    Message is from David Cantrell