[perl #41202] text->float conversion gives wrong answer

From:
sisyphus@cpan.org via RT
Date:
July 26, 2018 09:59
Subject:
[perl #41202] text->float conversion gives wrong answer
Message ID:
rt-4.0.24-14465-1532599150-886.41202-15-0@perl.org
On Tue, 24 Jul 2018 18:55:22 -0700, sisyphus@cpan.org wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Jul 2018 15:35:57 -0700, public@khwilliamson.com wrote:

> > You can watch it as the results come in
> >
> > http://perl.develop-help.com/?b=smoke-me%2Fkhw-sisyphus
>
> Thanks Karl - I'll peruse them with interest.

The lib/locale.t failures have me stumped for the moment.
How do I go about reproducing those failures ?
Do I just need to gain access to a NetBSD or FreeBSD  system, or might the locale settings under Carlos' smoker operates be part of the cause ?

I've tried building that smoke-me branch with the same Configure switches as the smoker (-Duse64bitall -Duseithreads -DDEBUGGING) but still can't hit the problem on Ubuntu or Debian.

Cheers,
Rob

Cheers,
Rob