[perl #41202] text->float conversion gives wrong answer

From:
James E Keenan via RT
Date:
July 25, 2018 01:53
Subject:
[perl #41202] text->float conversion gives wrong answer
Message ID:
rt-4.0.24-27466-1532483622-1869.41202-15-0@perl.org
On Tue, 24 Jul 2018 22:35:57 GMT, public@khwilliamson.com wrote:
> On 07/23/2018 03:34 AM, sisyphus@cpan.org via RT wrote:
> > I believe that the patches
> > (https://rt.perl.org/Ticket/Attachment/1569082/825260/0004-patch-
> > perl.h.patch and
> > https://rt.perl.org/Ticket/Attachment/1569082/825259/0004-patch-
> > numeric.c.patch) I provided with my previous post are still
> > applicable to current blead - as there have been no new commits to
> > either perl.h or numeric.c.
> >
> > What else needs to be done before they can be applied to blead ?
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Rob
>
> If you look at the previous smoke report, it's almost all failures.
>
> http://perl.develop-help.com/?b=smoke-me%2Fjkeenan%2Fsisyphus%2F41202-
> 2nd-text-float
>
> And it's not clear what's causing these.  Some failures seem to be
> occurring to regular blead, without the patch applied.  James Keenan
> appears to be afk, so I took your latest patches, and am doing my own
> smoke.  You can watch it as the results come in
>
> http://perl.develop-help.com/?b=smoke-me%2Fkhw-sisyphus

What command-line switches to Configure are needed to smoke-test this branch meaningfully?

--
James E Keenan (jkeenan@cpan.org)

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open