Re: [perl #41202] text->float conversion gives wrong answer

From:
Karl Williamson
Date:
Re: [perl #41202] text->float conversion gives wrong answer
Message ID:
29018_1532471737_5B57A9B9_29018_30_1_9b22ba07-d6ad-f7f1-d870-56b26e74dff7@khwilliamson.com
On 07/23/2018 03:34 AM, sisyphus@cpan.org via RT wrote:
> I believe that the patches (https://rt.perl.org/Ticket/Attachment/1569082/825260/0004-patch-perl.h.patch and https://rt.perl.org/Ticket/Attachment/1569082/825259/0004-patch-numeric.c.patch) I provided with my previous post are still applicable to current blead - as there have been no new commits to either perl.h or numeric.c.
>
> What else needs to be done before they can be applied to blead ?
>
> Cheers,
> Rob

If you look at the previous smoke report, it's almost all failures.

http://perl.develop-help.com/?b=smoke-me%2Fjkeenan%2Fsisyphus%2F41202-2nd-text-float

And it's not clear what's causing these.  Some failures seem to be
occurring to regular blead, without the patch applied.  James Keenan
appears to be afk, so I took your latest patches, and am doing my own
smoke.  You can watch it as the results come in

http://perl.develop-help.com/?b=smoke-me%2Fkhw-sisyphus