the -d option does its things before sitecustomize, which breaks@INC changes from sitecustomize

From:
demerphq
Date:
July 24, 2018 16:13
Subject:
the -d option does its things before sitecustomize, which breaks@INC changes from sitecustomize
Message ID:
CANgJU+X3=Rmnezwht_gnzY18o6z7T_a+G80vQKWCEg=_HezEjg@mail.gmail.com
At $work we use sitecustomize to set up our lib paths. For various
reasons we prefer this to setting PERL5LIB.

In general it works just fine.

However we recently found an edge case. Using debugger/profile tools
like Devel::NYTProf does not work in this case.

The problem is that we perform the -d related module loads before we
execute the sitecustomize function. IMO this is undesirable behavior,
and we should execute sitecustomize first, but that means that we
would not be able to use the debugger to to debug sitecustomize.

Unless someone replies to say that  this intentional behavior I will
put together a fix to execute sitecustomize first.

Yves