Perl 5.29.1 is now available!

From:
Steve Hay via perl5-porters
Date:
July 20, 2018 15:17
Subject:
Perl 5.29.1 is now available!
Message ID:
CADED=K7BxPDEkY2BVzWv1hQV43a1jVMa2ZUu1SvS1kd_DYSmLw@mail.gmail.com
  Dr. Samuel Johnson: Here it is, sir: the very cornerstone of English
  scholarship.  This book, sir, contains every word in our beloved
  language.

  Prince Regent George: Hmm.

  Edmund Blackadder: Every single one, sir?

  Johnson: (confidently) Every single word, sir!

  Blackadder: (to Prince) Oh, well, in that case, sir, I hope you will
  not object if I also offer the Doctor my most enthusiastic
  contrafribularities.

  Johnson: What?

  Blackadder: 'Contrafribularities,' sir? It is a common word down our
  way.

  Johnson: Damn! (writes in the book)

  Blackadder: Oh, I'm sorry, sir.  I'm anaspeptic, phrasmotic, even
  compunctious to have caused you such pericombobulation.

  Johnson: What? What? WHAT?

   -- Richard Curtis & Ben Elton, "Blackadder, Series 3, Episode 2: Ink
      and Incapability"

We are blessed with felicitous timing to announce version 29.1, the
second development release of version 29 of Perl 5.

You will soon be able to download Perl 5.29.1 from your favourite CPAN
mirror or find it at:

  https://metacpan.org/release/SHAY/perl-5.29.1/

SHA1 digests for this release are:

  ec91df758bc74f523d770981b3e20cab6b5989d3  perl-5.29.1.tar.gz
  2092057c159faf14366c5a654baf67ab8cc38429  perl-5.29.1.tar.xz

You can find a full list of changes in the file "perldelta.pod" located
in the "pod" directory inside the release and on the web.

Perl 5.29.1 represents approximately 3 weeks of development since Perl
5.29.0 and contains approximately 68,000 lines of changes across 510
files from 18 authors.

Excluding auto-generated files, documentation and release tools, there
were approximately 62,000 lines of changes to 320 .pm, .t, .c and .h
files.

Perl continues to flourish into its fourth decade thanks to a vibrant
community of users and developers.  The following people are known to
have contributed the improvements that became Perl 5.29.1:

Chris 'BinGOs' Williams, Craig A. Berry, Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker,
Daniel Dragan, David Mitchell, François Perrad, H.Merijn Brand, Hugo
van der Sanden, James E Keenan, Jerry D. Hedden, Jim Cromie, Karen
Etheridge, Karl Williamson, Nicholas Clark, Sawyer X, Steve Hay, Tina
Müller, Yves Orton.

The list above is almost certainly incomplete as it is automatically
generated from version control history.  In particular, it does not
include the names of the (very much appreciated) contributors who
reported issues to the Perl bug tracker.

Many of the changes included in this version originated in the CPAN
modules included in Perl's core.  We're grateful to the entire CPAN
community for helping Perl to flourish.

For a more complete list of all of Perl's historical contributors, please
see the AUTHORS file in the Perl source distribution.

We expect to release version 29.2 on 20 August 2018.  The next major
stable release of Perl 5, version 30.0, should appear in May 2019.

Enjoy!

Steve Hay