[perl #41202] text->float conversion gives wrong answer

From:
sisyphus@cpan.org via RT
Date:
July 20, 2018 00:39
Subject:
[perl #41202] text->float conversion gives wrong answer
Message ID:
rt-4.0.24-1571-1532047138-645.41202-15-0@perl.org
On Thu, 19 Jul 2018 07:33:43 -0700, public@khwilliamson.com wrote:

> Again,  I wonder if the Mingw stuff should be moved into perl.h?  So
> that the #ifdef's for that are all in perl.h, and Perl_strtod behaves
> consistently everywhere

Ok - I'll move the MinGW stuff relating to Perl_strtod into perl.h.
As it stands,Perl_strtod is called only in numerc.c, but that might not always be the case - and, besides, it does make better organizational sense if it's in perl.h.

I'll post again later with the relevant patches.

Cheers,
Rob

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open