[perl #133377] lib/File/Copy.t fails mtime test in perl-5.28 builtwith quadmath

From:
James E Keenan via RT
Date:
July 19, 2018 00:46
Subject:
[perl #133377] lib/File/Copy.t fails mtime test in perl-5.28 builtwith quadmath
Message ID:
rt-4.0.24-10930-1531961179-1433.133377-15-0@perl.org
On Mon, 16 Jul 2018 00:31:08 GMT, sisyphus@cpan.org wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Jul 2018 14:15:29 -0700, jkeenan@pobox.com wrote:
> > When perl is compiled with -Dusequadmath, we are prone to an error in
> > lib/File/Copy.t -- though the error may be more one of rounding than
> > anything else.  This error appears to have emerged between 5.26 and
> > 5.28.
>
> There's some discussion about this at:
> https://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.perl5.porters/2018/04/msg250721.html

Reviewing that thread, I see that a fix was pushed to a smoke-me branch, but all the smoke tests failed due to a porting test failure.

I have corrected that error and pushed the result to a new branch:

smoke-me/jkeenan/davem/133377-time-hires

Can we get that branch smoked on platforms that support quadmath?  (And, does that include anything beyond Linux?)

> I placed the first release affected by the bug at 5.27.6. (That
> probably should be double checked, but.)
>
> Cheers,
>  Rob

Thank you very much.
--