Re: [perl #132142] Bleadperl v5.27.3-34-gf6107ca24b breaksMLEHMANN/AnyEvent-HTTP-2.23.tar.gz

From:
ilmari
Date:
Re: [perl #132142] Bleadperl v5.27.3-34-gf6107ca24b breaksMLEHMANN/AnyEvent-HTTP-2.23.tar.gz
Message ID:
20265_1531136535_5B434A05_20265_37_1_d8jva9o1wx8.fsf@dalvik.ping.uio.no
Dave Mitchell <davem@iabyn.com> writes:

> A *reasonable* perl programmer would have looked at the documentation for
> sort, noted that there was absolutely no mention of "in-place" sorting or
> @a = sort @a having special behaviour, and either concluded that no
> special behaviour was intended, or enquired with p5p as to why the
> documentation was lacking, and whether this was an oversight.

FWIW: My original change came abuot exactly because someone on IRC was
surprised by the undocumented special behaviour of in-place sort not
strengthening weakrefs like a normal array assignment or non-in-place
sort would.

- ilmari
--
- Twitter seems more influential [than blogs] in the 'gets reported in
  the mainstream press' sense at least.               - Matt McLeod