Hacking on Perl feature.h help

From:
David Farrell
Date:
July 6, 2018 15:26
Subject:
Hacking on Perl feature.h help
Message ID:
CAAzBBqsA9QAk-5yMuuQbdEwdHzoZ-6g2TP+d4Sa9ZDs8+GyZyg@mail.gmail.com
Hey P5P folks,

I'm hacking on the Perl source to get to know it a little better, and I'm
trying to implement a feature that allows require to return false and not
die with "did not return a true value".

I added the feature flag, added a private op to leaveeval. In this commit:

https://github.com/dnmfarrell/perl5/commit/9e47a7970d408bd5ba83627657a6debf2f280257

I updated op.c to set the private flag if the feature was enabled.

My problem is, after compiling perl the feature flag is always false, even
though I do "use feature 'require_false';". I added the feature in this
commit:

https://github.com/dnmfarrell/perl5/commit/66f43943f438f5bc7970dab0b7940e46c84909f5

I've compared my code to the signatures feature, and I can't see what I'm
missing. Could anybody help me please?

Thanks in advance

David